Thursday 4 October 2012

Disney puts the Ass in Avengers Assemble


"I’m here to talk to you about The Avengers Initiative.”

As Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) said these words to Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) at the end of Marvel Studio's Iron Man, my body prepared itself for the total fangasm that was to be Marvel's Avengers Assemble in 4 years time. 

Iron Man! The Incredible Hulk! The Mighty Thor! And Captain America! All finally on one screen with  action, comedy and drama all woven together into the centre of Marvel’s web of their Cinematic Universe. And I was a fly caught in that web.

I pre-ordered my Blu-Ray copy as soon as I could. And then I found out what Disney had done.  

On August 20th, 19 days before the UK release on Blu-Ray/DVD on September 17th, Disney (the current owners of Marvel) revealed that the director’s commentary by Joss Whedon would not be included in the release.

Disney’s reason was that their "DLT (Digital Linear Tape, required to replicate the disc) had to be delivered one month earlier than that required for the US pressing. So we missed out. We wanted it too."
  
I would have loved to hear Joss Whedon’s thoughts on the film he created as I watched it with him, but because Disney made a mistake with the replicating process for the UK release, I shall never hear it.

Well, not until I torrent it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment